I love mascaras. I like how they define my eye shape and overall look. Eye Makeup is not finished without applying mascara. Punto.
In the last months I've bought various mascaras: Lash Stiletto and Colossal Volum' Express Mascara (both waterproof) and the Great Lash BIG Washable Mascara.
**REMEMBER: CLICK ON ALL THE PICS FOR ENLARGED VERSIONS**
Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara in Very Black ($8-9 USD):
- Love the "Grip & Extend" brush! It really grabs my lashes and apply the product evenly. It grabs smaller lashes very well.
- Not a fan of the formula. Very thin and though it accentuates my lashes, it really doesn't do nothing to "lengthen" them any more than other regular mascaras. It just defines them.
- The product dries fast.
- Though this is waterproof, it smudges on my under eye area if I sweat just a little. This happened even when I just applied mascara to my upper lashes!
- I honestly don't know if I would buy it again. Maybe if they change the formula. Man, I love that brush!
Maybelline Lash Stiletto WP Mascara
Left--No Mascara; Right--Lash Stiletto in Very Black
Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in Glam Black ($6-7 USD):
- This product is part of the "mascara-with-huge-wands" wave that hit us a couple of years ago maybe? The brush is great for applying the product but I don't know if it would work for ladies with barely-there lashes.
- It does not clumps.
- I like how it made my lashes look a bit more fuller but it doesn't has a Wow! factor.
- Again, it's a waterproof formula but it smudges. I guess I wouldn't have that problem if I lived in a cooler place. =/
- Of all the three, this has to be the one I like the most. I would consider buying it again.
- I have to mention that when I first tried the original formula long ago, it flaked terribly and I hated it, but now I like the WP formula much better.
The Colossal Volum' Express WP Mascara in Glam Black
Left--No mascara; Right-- Colossal Volum' in Glam Black
Great Lash BIG Washable Mascara in Very Black ($4-5 USD):
- Okay, so I always disliked the regular Great Lash Mascara but thought I would give this one a try just for the brush. Similar to the Colossal Volum' one but I guess more "pointy"? It's okay...
- Very natural looking, though I applied various coats. I liked that.
- No clumping. Thin formula.
- This smudge like hell. =(
- Will not buy again.
Great Lash BIG Mascara in Very Black
Left--No mascara; Right--Great Lash Big Mascara in Very Black
NOTE: I tried all this mascara without using lash primer.
RATING for all of them: 3/5 (I think they are nice average mascaras, price is okay for all of them, better if on sale)
I think I'll stay with my Full-N-Soft Mascara. I really like that one.
From top to bottom: Colossal Volum', Great Lash BIG & Lash Stiletto
¡Vivan, amen y rían!